Owned by those we serve since 1939 Search

Becoming a WEC Member – Signing up for Service

Washington Electric Cooperative provides electric service to members in 41 Vermont towns.  If you are moving into a residence that is served by the cooperative, you need to contact a member service representative so that the electric service can be transferred into your name. It will be necessary for you to sign a membership application and pay a $20.00 membership fee, in addition to a deposit, as explained below, unless you are able to provide a satisfactory credit reference, in which case the deposit will be waived.

You will also need to read the electric meter and call a member service representative with a reading. This reading determines the point at which you become responsible for the electric consumption at this location. Call WEC at 223-5245 or toll free at 1-800-932-5245 and a member service representative will assist you in becoming a WEC member. 

Once you become a Co-op member you own a share of your electric company and as such share in any net savings that may be earned by the Co-op.