Utility Assistance Programs & Resources

Emergency Resources: Flood Damage

Our partners at Capstone (capstonevt.org) recommend the following steps to access resources to Vermonters affected by flood damage.
  • Call 211 for access to emergency resources.
  • Insurance: Contact your homeowners’ or renters’ insurance company to file a claim
  • FEMA application: Call 211 or your local emergency management team for help filing for relief from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). If your application is not approved in full and you wish to appeal, help is available with the appeal process as well.
  • SBA application: If your business was impacted, contact the Small Business Administration (SBA) for a low-interest loan.
  • USDA 504 Home Repair: Federal home repair loans are available for income-qualified members.
  • Forbearance: Contact your creditors to inquire about forbearance for mortgage payments, auto loans, credit card bills, student loan repayment, or other loans if you were financially impacted by the flood disaster. Call WEC at 802-223-5245 if you need support paying your electric bill.
  • When you are rebuilding and replacing devices, contact Capstone and Efficiency Vermont for weatherization incentives and equipment rebates to make your home safer and more resilient. Low to no-interest financing is available.
  • For financial and energy coaching support, contact your local Community Action Agency: Capstone at capstonevt.org or Northeast Kingdom Community Action at nekcavt.org.

COVID-19 Resources